Every year in the run up to Christmas, I go quiet on the blog, and other places where I would normally share the projects I'm working on. Because the projects I'm spending my time on are gift for Christmas, and I don't want the recepients seeing details before they get the present. This year I worked on two things, one for my wife, and one for a secret Santa that was going to one of my brothers.
This is the last one. My addiction has to end before I wind up with a full armoury of nerf guns. However, I decided to take this last one as far as I could go.
This weekend I spent some time reading about the amazing world of nerf gun modding and general prop painting. Turns out that people not only paint them with amazing designs, but there is also a healthy selection of improvements that can be made to the mechanical workings. to improve the range of the gun.
I would love to claim that I designed my latest project, but all I did was find this video, and be inspired to try to copy the design. I have always been a fan of making things with mechanisms, and so the incredible collection of rubber band guns that ogg craft has designed and built really grabbed my interest.