If you have been following along at home, then you'll know that last time I had a successful attempt at engraving a sign. With one main caveat. The backlash on the x-axis was still evident and ran to about 2mm.
Woo hoo! Today I had what I'm categorising as my first full on successful run though a whole sign engrave program.
Pretty much since the first time I turned on my CNC machine I became familiar with the term 'binding'. The various axis had points where due to slight inaccuracies of construction the threaded rod was rubbing against something causing so much friction that the motor stalled.
In my last tests of my CNC router it became very clear that calibration was not right.
Last weekend was the first time I got my cnc router to do something recognisable. After some tuning I got it to plot out a simplified version of my blog logo, backwards...